Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Need A Pick Me Up?

Workout!!

We are at the time of year where we all seem to be a little down, unmotivated, and just not feeling our best. After all its cloudy, grey, cold, and snowy/rainy most of the time. The days are still short, but slowly getting longer. And there just isn't much going on this time of year to look forward too.

One way to break out of this rut is to continue working out. Set some goals and work your butt off to achieve them. So that when the weather is nice again you will already be in great shape. Unlike most people who hibernate on the couch or in bed all winter.

By continuing to workout you will stay lean, and not feel as down. I can always tell this time of year if I miss a few days of working out. I start to feel down, lethargic, and not like myself. But, once I get back into my workout routine I quickly start feeling better, almost immediately.

When you workout hormones get released that naturally make you feel better. The more often you exercise the more these get released. (To a point, I still don't recommend working out more the 4 days per week for 45 minutes each session. More than this could result in overtraining a whole other mess problems you do not want to experience.) Did you ever notice how after your workout you always feel better. You may be tired, but you feel better and have a better outlook on things.

Spring is just around the corner. So stay positive, be consistent with your workouts, and focus on the things you enjoy!

Have a Great Day!

Josh

No comments: